I recently came across this meme that others of you had done and needed something to post! So here it is! The Marriage Meme!
1. Where/How did you meet? We met in college. He was friends with my roommate. When my bf at the time broke up with me i was HEARTBROKEN and my roommate would drag me out and about with her to keep me from ending up in a sobbing heap on the dorm room floor. We would go hang out with a group, of which Wayne was a part of. We became good friends. There were times when he would make me go to dinner with him because he knew i hadn't eaten all day (still mourning the ex) Once, he even took me in his arms and held me as i cried. There was no interest other than friendship, but over the course of time we became closer and closer...and the rest is history.
2. How long have you known each other? almost 14 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating? i'd say it was probably 3 or 4 months
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 years
5. How long was your engagement? i don't remember
6. How long have you been married? almost 11 years
7. What is your anniversary? January 25th
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: i dunno...it was very small...maybe...30?
9. What kind of cake did you serve? it was a lemon cake with cream cheese icing
10. Where was your wedding? The church where i had received every other sacrament in my life
11. What did you serve for your meal? We didn't have a meal, we had a buffet with smaller finger foods and such
12. How many people were in your bridal party? just the maid of honor and the best man
13. Are you still friends with them all? we have lost touch with the best man, but yes, we are still friends with him, should we ever find him again. My maid of honor was my sister, so yeah, we're still friends ;)
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? He definitely teared up
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? When we got to the back of the church afterwards and we had a few moments alone to hold one another and breathe a sigh of relief that it was over
16. Any funny moments? Not that i can recall
17. Any big disasters? No, everything we as planned
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We spent the night at a little bed and breakfast up the way from where we held the reception....that was it
19. How long were you gone? 1 night
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? i can't so i won't go there
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? If you’re laying on your back on the bed I’m on the left side...right now...this can change from month to month
22. What size is your bed? Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple? We never run out of things to talk about or do. We're never bored together.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Finances - one can handle them, one can't
25. Who literally pays the bills? At the moment we have certain bills that we each pay
26. What is your song? Well, i walked down the aisle to 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from The Lion King, so that is pretty much 'our song' but there are many out there that remind me of Wayne and vice versa
27. What did you dance your first dance to? We didn't have dancing
28. Describe your wedding dress: Simple, cream colored ankle length slip dress covered by a cream ankle length lace 'jacket'
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Roses and Stargazer Lilies
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? We bought our rings separately, not showing them to the other until they were placed on our fingers. He had mine engraved 'To My Beloved, Eternally Yours, Wayne' - i had his engraved with the date and our initials...yeah, i felt small ;)
Ok, so, now those of you who have yet to do this one, TAG YOU'RE IT! You know who you are, so get to it! ;)