Friday, September 07, 2007

Sleeping....Ugly??

Well, my computer (actually internet connection) is finally fixed.

In the past few weeks, school has started, my sleep schedule is interrupted yet again. Horror of horrors! But you don't understand....i LOVE to sleep. No, really....i L-O-V-E my sleep! i've quite often made the statement
"If it were normal and socially acceptable to marry inanimate objects i would marry my bed so i could tell people i needed to go home and spend time with my husband!"


It was hard when i first started this job back in June. My shift is 6pm - 1am Monday through Friday. Sometimes i get home a little early, sometimes a little later. It took several weeks for my body to adjust to being up this late, but it helped that the kids were home from school. SmartyPants would get breakfast for both her and her brother and would keep him occupied and let me sleep in. Now, there is no more sleeping in.
Wayne is up and out the door by 6:30am to get to his job, which means i'm generally on my own with the kids in the morning. It's up as late as possible for me, which is usually 7:30. Get the kids fed, dressed and out the door by 8:30, not a real big deal. Get home around 8:45 and sit in front of the computer for a few minutes to check things without child interruption. Lay down and try to sleep some more. Get woken up by well meaning mother and other phone calls. Get up and eat. Take shower. Go pick up kids. Do homework. Finish getting ready for work. Go to work. Get home around 1 or 1:30am. Get to bed by 2am. Get up around 7:30 and do it all over again.
Another wrench gets thrown in the works on Monday when SmartyPants starts chorus practice before school from 7:45 - 8:30.

i miss my husband, err, uh, i mean bed!!!

No comments: