Not Christmas, Halloween!
My favorite holiday on the calendar is Halloween! This year it's even better being back up in a climate that actually HAS AUTUMN!
The pumpkins above were carved by SmartyPants and i last year. She did the face and i did the other one. We are still trying to decide what we will do this year.
Here is a cute Halloween survey/meme:
Ghosts or Goblins?:
Zombies or Vampires?:
Witches or Hags?:
Werewolves or Frankenstein?:
- Big old hairy Werewolves
Black Cats or bats?:
Trick or Treat?:
Candy Corn or Candy Apples?:
Pumpkins or Squash?:
Orange or Purple lights?:
- Purple, if i have any.
Toads or Spiders?:
- i can handle spiders better than toads.
Lanterns or Lit-Pumpkins?:
- i prefer carved lit pumpkins....AND lanterns! Why not both?
Skeletons or Mummies?:
Morticia or Lily Munster?:
- That's a toughie. A little of both, maybe?
Do you like to dress up for Halloween?:
- i have and will dress up for Halloween depending on the situation. No matter what, though, i at LEAST do some sort of freaky or creepy makeup job. Last year i rimmed my eyes with bright red eyeshadow and red eyeliner and made the rest of my face pale. Nothing major, but something a little unnerving nonetheless. This year i took off from work to take the kids trick - or - treating and am considering dressing in SOMETHING.
What were you last year for Halloween?:
- See above
What are you going to be this year?:
- i'm not sure...still pondering.
Favorite costume you have ever worn?:
- i'm not too sure on this one, either. It's a toss up between a mad blood-spattered scientist toting my husband around in a straight jacket as my patient and the year i dressed as a hippie when i was in high school.
How do you spend your Halloween?:
- These days we take the kids out trick-or-treating. Then when we come home, they go to bed and we go through their candy for the
Are you or are you not going trick or treating this year?:
- i'm TAKING the kids trick-or-treating....so kinda sorta
Did or do you pull Halloween pranks?:
- yeah, we used to go 'raiding. We threw uncooked hard corn kernels by the handful at people's windows and the cobs at their doors. Not quite sure when or how or WHY that started, but it was a tradition that took place the few weeks that led up to Halloween EVERY YEAR and the neighbors HATED it. We kids had a blast, though.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Are you superstitious?:
- i am out of habit, not because i believe in superstitions.
Do you like caramel popcorn?:
- is the pope german?
Have you ever gone in the country to look for pumpkins?:
- Does the pumpkin patch at the nursery count?
Have you ever been on a hayride?:
- MANY many hayrides. i'm sure there are MANY more to come with the kids over the years.
Do you decorate your home for Halloween?:
- i LOVE to decorate for Halloween! i have to tone it down this year because i'm living with my mom, but she let me put these gel window stick ons of bloody handprints and blood spatters in the windows of my bedroom on the FRONT OF THE HOUSE! i also convinced her to let me put out some spider webs. i USED to have a foam tomb stone, but that got lost in the shuffle.
Have you ever been to a haunted house?:
- I have
Have you ever been to a graveyard on Halloween?:
- i think so...one time in college, i think.
Have you ever attended a Halloween party?:
Have you ever been to an amusement park's Halloween event?:
- There were probably some of THE best Halloween events at Universal Studios and Disney when we lived down in Florida....but do you know i never got to go to one in the seven years i lived there?
Do you watch scary movies on Halloween?:
- Oh yes...and for several weeks prior to Halloween, as well.
Have you ever had your candy stolen from you?:
- Yes! It was scary and it sucked. i was around 11 or 12 and someone ran up behind me and my friend. We were walking up the hill to our houses, our bags STUFFED after a night around town and all of the sudden i felt a sharp pain in my hand as the plastic candy bag handle dug into my skin. I pulled back hard as i could but the handle broke and the kid ran with the candy. A few of the neighborhood boys and one of the dads walked around the blocks for a little bit trying to find the kid but they never did.
Did you ever steal any ones candy?:
Has anyone ever gotten hurt due to your prank?:
- Nope it was always fairly innocent stuff
Have you ever dressed as a witch/warlock?:
- Somewhere along the lines i probably have....
Are your parents into Halloween?:
- My stepmom is a Halloween fanatic, but my mom and dad themselves aren't 'into' Halloween so to speak. My stepdad would rather we didn't even decorate to encourage trick-or-treaters.
What do you believe is the most common Halloween costume?:
- Ghost, maybe?
Who took an axe and gave her mother forty wacks?
- Lizzie Borden
Do you have a tradition for Halloween day?:
- Nothing other than the usual trick or treating
Do you know someone who was born on Halloween?:
HAVE YOU EVER:
Passed out candy?:
- i used to.
Bobbed for apples?:
- Yes i have.
Gone to a pumpkin patch?:
Hosted a Halloween Party?:
- i don't think so
Attended a Halloween Party?:
made pumpkin pie?:
- Nope, can't say that i have...maybe i should start this year
Watched the Travel Channel with the Halloween specials?:
- You mean Most Haunted? Yeah, i've watched that. i flip back and forth between it and Ghost Hunters.
HAVE YOU SEEN:
- House Of Wax?:
- Tales From The Crypt?:
- My most favorite is Demon Knight! Billy Zane.....yummy!
- The Exorcist?:
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre:
- i don't think so, now that you mention it
- The Grudge?:
- i saw the first one
- The Sixth Sense?:
- The Others?:
- All or any of the Nightmare On Elm Street?:
- Practical Magic?:
- i don't think so
- Any or all of The Simpson's Halloween episodes?:
- Yes most, if not all
- The Munsters?:
- The Addams Family?:
- She makes me giggle. i love her.
-The Lost Boys?:
- Oh yes
- This is SmartyPants' ALL TIME FAVORITE HALLOWEEN MOVIE EVER!!! She'll watch it any time of the year, really, but for her Halloween just isn't Halloween without watching Hocus Pocus at LEAST 5 times!
There you have it. Some Halloween facts about me.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.....