Friday, June 08, 2007

Pound for Pound

I've started a weight loss program. Yes, I've jumped on the Weight Watchers bandwagon! My mom has been doing Weight Watchers since January and has lost 30 lbs so far. Another dear friend of mine has been on Weight Watchers just as long and has gotten down over 30 lbs! So, with all that success around me, how I could I resist? Of course, it helps a LOT that I am currently LIVING with my mother. I just eat what she eats and drink a lot of water. I've been doing it for a little less than a week now and I've lost *drumroll please* 9 POUNDS!!! Can you believe it?? I couldn't! I still can't. I'm just assuming that my mom's scale is wrong. Once my clothes start to hang on me I think I'll start believing it more. I suppose I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's kind of hard when I still want to EAT the horse! Yeah, I'm a hungry girl most of the time. It's taken a lot of will power to not just pop open the fridge and snack all day long. I'm home with the kids by myself all day so it would be so easy to just cheat and cheat and cheat. Of course, who would I be cheating but myself. It's been getting a little easier. I'm not as hungry as they first few days, but I'm hungry nonetheless. It's all good though. If the weight loss continues I guess it will all be worth it, right?
I've added a ticker on the right to show my progress. Not to brag or anything, but so that I have something tangible to look at. So anyone that is doing any weight loss programs and needs someone to commiserate with, err I mean, needs some support, I'm there for ya, babe!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

you go girl! I lost a ton of weight on weight watchers back in 2001. I was a greedy lil' piggie and gained it all back and then some! I wish I could join you on your crusade, but I'm thinking: after baby #2! My only goal right now is to NOT gain the 68 pounds I gained with baby #1. So far, it looks like I have only gained 2 pounds since getting pregnant, so my goal should be easy, provided I don't start some hard-core gorging. Keep it up, honey. You will find that eating better *does* lead to feeling better- no matter how much we'd like to ignore that! : )

T with Honey said...

Nine, nine pounds in the first week?! No way! That's awesome! I wonder if the happiness of being back home is contributing to your success at all. Either way, keep it up!

Aimee said...

Awesome, lady! I too lost 40 lbs on WW after Older Girl was born, but then came The Boy and baby Girl and I never really did anything about it that weight. I tried WW again this time, but I can't find a meeting that I can go to alone (it's a drag to take the kids to those things). So I joined it online, but it wasn't the same. I didn't feel the same level of accountability.
So now I am doing The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene (Oprah's diet guru) It's pretty much the same as WW! I just need to not eat so much junk and move my butt more. Sounds simple . . .
Keep on going,Meg - the hunger does get easier, I promise, usually after the first 2 weeks or so. You can do it :)